There are many different types of stroke out of which brain hemorrhage is the most common. It is caused when an artery bursts and causes bleeding in the surrounding tissues of the brain. The bleeding affects the brain cells by killing them. After a stroke, the body may become paralyzed from either the left side or right side. In worst cases, the entire body may become unable to move at all.
Causes of brain hemorrhage
There are various causes of bleeding inside the brain. When the brain tissues are irritated due to a head trauma then it causes swelling. The blood when accumulates inside the brain may become a hematoma. This puts pressure on brain tissues killing the brain cells. Other possible reasons may include:
- High blood pressure – this weakens the blood vessels wall ultimately causing brain hemorrhage
- Head trauma – a heavy impact on the head may cause serious injury to the brain. Head trauma is another cause of blood clotting in the brain.
- Aneurysm – due to swelling in the blood vessel wall, it can result in a brain stroke
- Bleeding disorders – hemophilia and sickle cell anemia may lead to brain hemorrhage as well. Blood clots in the brain can be treated by blood thinners like Eliquis. A discount for Eliquis can be availed from Pricepro pharmacy.
- Abnormalities in blood vessels – some abnormalities of the blood vessels may be developed from birth.
Symptoms of brain hemorrhage
The symptoms of this disease happen quite suddenly and may progressively get worse. The symptoms vary depending on the location, amount of tissues damaged, and severity of the bleeding.
The following are some common symptoms:
click here – Step By Step Guide On How To Rollover Your IRA Into A Gold Investment Account
- Extreme tiredness
- Blurred vision
- Impaired speech
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Loss of balance
- Loss of consciousness
Brain hemorrhage can be prevented by making some lifestyle changes like:
- Quit smoking
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly
- Do not use drugs like cocaine as it can affect the brain activity severelly
- Wear helmet while riding a bike
- Put on your seatbelt while driving
- Avoid rash driving
- Treat other abnormalities like aneurysms.
- Carefully use blood thinners like Eliquis or Coumadin
- Engage in physical activity like exercise, yoga or meditation
- Keep your cholesterol levels under checked
- Lose weight as being overweight may cause many cardiovascular diseases as well along with brain diseases
- Avod stress. Anxiety and stress may lead to many brain problems.
- Control blood sugar levels. Avoid eating processed foods as they contain artificial sweeteners.
click here – Why Instagram Insights are so useful for your bussiness?
Diagnosis and treatment
Once you feel any symptoms, you must immediately call 911 for a medical emergency as the effects may worsen over time. Your GP can monitor your whole body and diagnose which part of the body is affected the most.
The health professionals may run a series of imaging tests to detect any internal bleeding. The tests may include MRI or CT scans. A neurological exam may also look for any swelling in the optic nerve.
The location, severity, and the amount of bleeding inside the brain determines the kind of treatment to opt for.