Instagram is one of the most popular visual marketing platforms today. It gives businesses the potential to reach millions of people with a single campaign. In 2021, there were 1.21 billion Instagram users, making up approximately 28 percent of global internet users. Experts believe this figure will reach 1.44 billion users by 2025, representing 31.2 percent of worldwide internet users.
In addition to enabling you to reach many people, Instagram supports visual content. With this, you can create videos explaining your brand and products to your audience. Visual content allows you to showcase your products or services to potential clients. Here are four Instagram trends to boost your small business marketing strategy:
1. Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels enable you to create and share short content videos. The company launched this feature in 2020 with a limit of 15 seconds. However, you can now create longer reels of up to one minute. One advantage of Reels is that you can share them with your followers and the larger Instagram audience via the Explore Feed. In addition, other people have access to your content if your account is public.
As a small business owner, you can market your business through Instagram reels by doing the following:
- Sharing educational content: For instance, suppose you’re dealing with something like mechanical services which is complex for a lot of people to understand. By creating an Instagram Reel, you can quickly summarise how using mechanical contractor software streamlines your business processes and benefits your customers.
- Displaying your products and services: Showing your product or service line through Reels can show your customers what you can offer and at what price points. Your reels can also create engagement with your followers.
- Sharing behind-the-scenes content: This gives your followers a sneak peek into your company’s culture and daily activities. It’s a perfect way to build trust and attract more clients.
- Informing people about your promotions: Your reels can also show what current promotions you’re running. You can even provide discount codes when they buy your products or hire you through promotions.
- Posting customer reviews and testimonials: There’s no better form of advertisement than your customers’ glowing reviews. In addition, you can ask satisfied customers to post stories of them using your products. You can then post these stories as your reel to show how satisfied your customers are.
2. Instagram Stories
Stories are another crucial Instagram trend you can use to market your business. It’s an excellent way to accelerate your brand awareness, increase follower count, augment conversion rates, and optimize audience engagement.
According to statistics, Instagram has over 1 billion monthly users, and 500 million view Instagram stories daily. Thus, it’s an excellent opportunity to reach a wider audience around the globe. In addition, you can use Stories to explain to your audience how your business embraces digital over manual trends. For example, say you use customizable templates like those developed by Jobber to generate invoices. Don’t hesitate to tell your followers how it improves your accuracy and ensures you get paid faster.
You can consider creating branded Instagram Stories to have a distinctive look and feel. This makes it easy for followers to recognize you without looking at your profile. To do this, you must:
- employ your brand colors and fonts,
- select an image filter and be consistent with it,
- utilize Instagram templates instead of creating your own story,
- show your brand logo, and
- add your brand message
3. Instagram link stickers
Instagram allows you to add links to your stories. At first, the developers limited this feature to a few people with a certain number of followers. But in October 2021, Instagram rolled it out to all users. It allows you to drive traffic to your website by sharing links to your product page, contact page, etc.
This saves your Instagram followers a lot of time and effort. This means they can directly navigate to your webpage or acquire any resource they need by clicking on the link in your story.
Follow these steps to add a link sticker:
- Add clickable information to your story,
- At the top navigation bar, choose the sticker tool.
- Click on the Link Sticker to add your desired link, then tap Done.
- Finally, position your sticker anyplace in your story and click on it to check other color options.
4. Instagram Live
Instagram Live lets you share a real-time live broadcast video with your audience. It portrays who you are in real life so people can see you face to face. What people want these days is truth and transparency. As your audience watches you genuinely describing your business, they start trusting you and your products.
Additionally, going live on Instagram enables you to develop personal relationships with your followers. It allows them to engage and share their views with you and other users. This increases your engagement and customer loyalty.
Aside from that, Instagram Live increases your visibility. This is because live stories are prioritized over others, making you more visible. Also, those audiences who’ve turned on their notifications can receive an alert that you’re starting a live broadcast.
Remember, live videos aren’t permanent. Once you finish broadcasting, the video disappears. Thus, your audience will follow your updates more closely and ensures they join you to avoid missing out on any information.
As a small business owner, using Instagram tells your clients you’re willing to connect with them on whatever platform they prefer. In addition, customers like brands that adopt modern technological trends and put effort into engaging the public. Thus, they’ll willingly do business with you over other competitors. For this reason, maximize the above Instagram marketing trends to help you build a solid brand.