Review – a brief analysis of the thesis, which reflects its relevance, features, advantages, and disadvantages. The review evaluates your work. It is important that it be positive and, at the same time, objective. The members of the commission must believe that it was written by a person who has nothing to do with you or your supervisor.
Who writes a review of the thesis?
The review is written by the reviewer.
Ideally, this should be a person who has a degree in your specialty (or better – a degree). He should not work in the same department as your supervisor.
click here – Know Everything About The Curriculum of the PgCTL Course
How to find a reviewer?
Everything is simple. If you are writing a thesis based on a study conducted at any company, the review can be made by the head of the organization. You can use the help of a senior manager or assistant (deputy) manager. If you have written a thesis based on someone’s research, artwork, media, or other sources of information that are freely available, it will be more difficult to find a reviewer. In this case, you can contact a representative of the company in which you had an internship during the training. As a last resort, to your supervisor – a loyal teacher will help with finding a specialist.
As a rule, potential reviewers are not eager to read students’ works and make detailed analyzes. Do not expect a detailed and good review. At best, the reviewer will agree to leave his signature. It is usually needed.
You will have to write or order a review yourself and provide it to a specialist. He will leave his signature and the problem will be solved.
It’s easier said than done. Writing a review of a thesis is a difficult task. Especially if you do it. On the one hand, who knows the advantages and disadvantages of work better than its author? On the other hand, students do not usually write reviews, and this work is a novelty for most graduates. Even an experienced author cannot always change the style of presentation so that the commission does not suspect a forgery.
However, who are we deceiving? Writing a review of a thesis on your own is a common thing, and many universities do not pay attention to authorship. It doesn’t matter who wrote it, it matters who signed it.
How to write a review of the thesis?
The easiest and cheapest way is to write a review of the thesis yourself and bring it to the reviewer’s assessment. He will sign and, if necessary, certify in the personnel department. It is important that the review:
– Was sustained in a different style (however, this is a moot point);
– Met the design requirements and had a clear structure;
– It contained a full analysis of the thesis.
A review is not a comment or an essay, and it is not worth writing in free form. We will start with the form.
The content of the review of the thesis
There is nothing complicated with the design. The question is how to write a review of the thesis. Let’s disassemble by points.
- Introductory part
Large introductions are not required. Very briefly, in one or two sentences, describe why the work is relevant to the field of knowledge or field of activity to which the study is devoted. This can be seen in the introduction to the diploma.
- The main part
This contains the actual analysis of the thesis. We start with:
- a) general assessment – we tell whether it is a logical statement or proportional chapters, whether there are conclusions in each section, whether there are enough appendices and illustrations, and whether the style is followed;
- b) estimates of each section:
– In the first we evaluate the presentation – style, structure, logic, the actual wording;
– In the second we note the quality and depth of analysis of the collected materials, the logic of the conclusions;
– In the third we analyze the practical benefits of the study, and note how the conclusions and recommendations of the author helped in reality (we can write that the conclusions made by the author were tested in the company).
Here we make a general final assessment, briefly describing the advantages and disadvantages of the work. At the end, we make an assessment (on a five-point scale). example:
The assessment can be made independently after an objective analysis. If you feel that the work frankly does not even reach the “good”, it is better not to put in the review “excellent”. On the other hand, modesty does not always beautify, and even if there are small flaws in your work, set yourself “excellent”. This will be another argument in favor of the real five.
The advantages and disadvantages should be discussed separately. When describing the benefits, try to specify. For example, instead of:
Qualification work has a clear structure and is useful in this area.
The paper presents detailed theoretical information, a well-conducted analysis, and clear recommendations: (here you can list which ones).
Common phrases should be avoided in any case.
Be sure to list the shortcomings. Try to approach the assessment of work objectively, but to be excessively self-critical in this case is harmful. You can specify some details that will not affect the assessment seriously. For example:
There are not enough graphs in the work, there are stylistic errors, and in the theoretical part, there is not enough footnotes on the sources of information. However, these shortcomings do not have a significant impact on the quality of work and conclusions.
click here – How To Break An Escape Room Record?
Stylistic features of the review of the thesis
You already know what to write about. Now – about how to write a review of the thesis. What style to follow, what to avoid, and what mistakes are unacceptable.
Let’s go from the opposite.
The review should not be:
- Sustained in conversational, journalistic, official-business style. God forbid you to use the language of fiction. Forget about metaphors and epithets. Your choice is scientific style. In fact, it is easy to write in it if you have worked on your diploma on your own.
- Non-specific. We all know how to pour water. What is worth only entering scientific papers! But, as they say, it is allowed to Zeus, not allowed to the bull… Famous scientists are forgiven even biographical remarks. If appropriate. An inexperienced student will also be forgiven. But the reviewer – no. Unfortunately. Write specifically and avoid general phrases.
- Too difficult to read. Scientific style does not oblige you to build cumbersome sentences on half a page, use adverbial and adjective inflections through the word, load with terminology and confuse water in other ways.
- Write simply. Yes, your review will be read by people who are accustomed to scientific style and incredible syntactic constructions, but still …. Still, they are people. And they get tired after the tenth defense of the day.
If you are writing for someone specific (for example, a company director), use Stanislavsky’s method. Imagine yourself as a director, get into his skin, and believe that he is you. And write as he would write. Probably without scientific terminology. Probably with a touch of formal business style. Write as he would write. But don’t overdo it: defending a diploma is NOT an entrance exam.
Is it worth ordering a thesis review?
It doesn’t matter if you write the review yourself or delegate it to us. In this case, you will definitely not suffer from pangs of conscience. Moreover, someone else’s view will be much more useful to you and more interesting for the commission.
To get a quality review, make sure the performer’s qualifications and give him the thesis. Do not be afraid of the uniqueness of the work – professional paper writers do not steal other people’s research. Be afraid to get “water” instead of a review. And you will get it if you do not provide the text of the study.