After a truck accident, many people do not contact their insurance company for weeks or months. Many times after their rates go up, they have to pay more for repairs, and it becomes harder for them to get a new car. The consequences of not contacting insurance companies after truck accidents can vary from person to person based on that individual’s circumstance and situation.
10 Consequences of Not Contacting the Insurance
click here – 5 Ways Legal Representation Can Benefit You in Injury Claims
1) You will have to pay for the damages ourselves
In this situation, you can choose these three ways: process your claim, hire an attorney, or hire a law firm. They can go to court asking for compensation, and if they succeed, they will get their payment (up to $20,000).
2) Legal action from the insurance company
If you do not contact the insurance company after a truck accident, it will be a liability case. The insurance company will take legal action against the most responsible party, which is you. They will get the sum of money they offered to repair your vehicle. Providing first, you are responsible for your vehicle and that there were no factors that could have caused this accident other than you.
3) Your car may be taken away by an officer due to insurance purposes
The most common consequence is not contacting the insurance company after a truck accident. The officers will take your car, and you must pay for it within 48 hours from when you call them. It is costly, and it can be impossible to pay all that sum of money, so get in touch with an attorney as soon as possible. Click here for more information about truck accident attorneys.
4) The insurance company may seize your car
The insurance company will seize your car, and you must pay for it within 48 hours from when you call them.
5) You may have to pay for a rental vehicle or use public transportation
If the insurance company had a reason to do this, then it will be a case of justification, and you have to prove that some factors caused the accident other than you.
6) Your health and well-being will suffer from not being able to drive yourself around
If this happens, you will have to pay for a rental car which will be expensive. You will also pay for the damages to your vehicle and the costs to a shop that repairs it. You may have to get rid of some of your belongings inside your car, which you cannot use anymore.
click here – The Importance of Hiring a Local Law Firm for Your Injury Case
7) If you have other drivers on your policy, their insurance may also be affected, and they will have to pay more if they want to follow through with their claims.
8) One will never reimburse you for the medical bills you incur due to not contacting the company in time.
9) Your credit score will be negatively affected if you do not pay your bills on time, including doctor bills and rent.
10) You may be unable to get things fixed for your truck to pass inspections and not be taken away by the insurance company.
Not contacting the insurance company for a truck accident can result in several negative consequences, and we have to consider them. The best thing would be to contact them as soon as possible because your situation will be more straightforward.